Planning for January 2022, Covid, Christmas and beyond!
Amidst the mass of reporting and speculation about what January may hold we want to keep our advice to you simple and to the point.
It’s impossible for anyone to predict what might be around the corner, so let’s not try! The very best use of our time and energy is getting ourselves ready to face whatever challenges may come, by implementing a broad approach to contingency planning.
Whether we are facing Covid problems, weather issues or just the January blues, we have resources to support you, just as we did in 2020/21. We’ve done this before, and that means we can leverage what we’ve learnt, putting all those wonderful ideas, plans and resources that we all created before to good use again!
1. Getting your online training offer ready to roll is the single most obvious piece of preparation that you can make
Having an online offer will avoid your students missing out if they must isolate due to positive tests, if they are stuck at home due to snow, or if they just need additional entertainment on the long winter evenings, or due to school closures.
We have detailed guidelines and advice for you on creating content and uploading your sessions to our dedicated site, myMA Members ready for your students to access (client access only).
2. Revisit your Risk Assessments
If you don’t have one yet – use our guide to help you create one (client access only).
Covid Risk Assesment
3. Sharpen up on some of the obvious ways to keep yourselves and your students safe
Hand gels, hand washing, space between students in class and masks for Parents/Carers who come to watch. Maybe think about visors for your own protection too. Download our posters to put round your Dojo as reminders to all.
4.Think about class sizes and training schedules
Whilst we may not see that sort of restriction reintroduced, it won’t hurt to have thought this through so there is no delay in your reaction if further restrictions do become part of our lives next year. If you do decide to keep class numbers low, or we are advised to restrict class numbers, don’t forget that you can use our myTraining student class booking web app to keep track of attendee numbers.
myTraining – Class Pre-booking System
Our systems give you the most options for keeping in touch with your students and whilst there is so much uncertainty about its a good idea to step up your communication with them to show that you are thinking about them and their training and prioritising their safety. Text messages, emails, Christmas Cards, we can help you!
6. January is a time of hope, goals, resolutions
- For your Students: get your January Promotions running, showing them how you are going to help them to achieve those goals! Have a look at the Marketing Campaign we have designed for you.
- For your business: get your planning in place for the New Year, think about your budget, think about the events that you want to run and the focus days. Use our downloadable planner for 2022 to help make sure you dont miss a trick!
Remember we are here for you. We will do all we can to support you through whatever highs and lows we encounter in the coming months.