April 2015 saw the very first NEST Client Conference and Gala Awards Dinner. As promised the weekend was filled with excitement, learning and laughter as our excellent speakers took to the floor to talk about everything from ‘How to differentiate yourself in the Market’ to telling personal experiences to ‘Inspire Outstanding Performance’ across your business.
The day’s event offered a choice of several sessions each with a different focus, before finishing the day with our keynote speaker Peter Avis and his incredible story that took him from a Liverpool Council Estate to Miami, to holding a leading position in the Virgin Group and having a close working relationship with Sir Richard Branson.
On Saturday night, we hosted the first NEST Gala Awards Dinner, where we celebrated many of your successes from 2014, along with some great food and lovely music. Awards such as Instructor of the Year, Hidden Gem and Student of the Year, were given out based upon the nominations we received for each category or statistics generated from myMA. We are proud to announce our award winners for the evening as:
- Student Retention: Martin Dixon – Masters of Martial Arts, Michael Bennett – MSD Evolution, Stephen Ainscough – Northern Martial Arts Academy
- Business Growth: Peter Harkess, Stephen Rooney & Brian Leckie – Little Tiger Cubs, Stuart Allison – Shin Jin Dojo, James Hobson – Krav Maga Defence Academy
- Academy of the Year: John Lynn’s Black Belt Academy
- Franchisee of the Year: Keith Monk – Kung Fu Schools, Carshalton
- Student of the Year: Noah Evans– Kuk Sool Won of Eastbourne
- Instructor of the Year: Richard Canton – Canton Martial Arts
- Hidden Gem: Andrea O’Driscoll
- NEST Journey: Lee Matthews – Lee Matthews British Military Martial Arts
- Lifetime Contribution to Martial Arts: Bob Breen – Bob Breen Academy
- myMA Business Management: Stuart Allison – Shin Jin Dojo
- Spirit of Martial Arts: Helen Beattie
To end an excellent weekend and to blow out the cobwebs from the night before, there were two Martial Arts training sessions and a business round-table question and answer session, available to get help with any pressing questions.
We would like to thank everyone who was able to attend and hope that it was informative and enjoyable. For clients unable to attend, or who wish to refresh their memory, presentation slides from the sessions are available on myMA.