Bruce Lee is famous for his martial arts films such as Fist of Fury and Way of the Dragon. He also inspired millions of people around the world with his strong belief in self-improvement and determination. Here are 39 ultimate Bruce Lee quotes to help you feel motivated and ready to take on the world.
1. “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.”
2. “If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.”
3. “Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.”
4. “If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”
5. “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.”
6. “A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.”
7. “Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.”
8. “Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.”
9. “I fear not the man who has practised 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practised one kick 10,000 times.”
10. “The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.”
11. “A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.”
12. “Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”
13. “Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one’s potential.”
14. “A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.”
15. “To me, the extraordinary aspect of martial arts lies in its simplicity. The easy way is also the right way, and martial arts is nothing at all special; the closer to the true way of martial arts, the less wastage of expression there is.”
16. “As you think, so shall you become.”
17. “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
18. “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.”
19. Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.
20. It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.
21. Showing off is the fool’s idea of glory.
22. Obey the principles without being bound by them.
23. The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be.
24. Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system.
25. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person.
26. “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
27. “Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
28. “Be happy, but never satisfied.”
29. “Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.”
30. “Don’t fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.”
31. “A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.”
32. “The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.”
33. “Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.”
34. “If you don’t want to slip up tomorrow, speak the truth today.”
35. “It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials.”
36. “Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it.”
37. “Empty your cup so that it may be filled; become devoid to gain totality.”
38. “A good teacher protects his pupils from his own influence.”
39. “If there is a God, he is within. You don’t ask God to give you things, you depend on God for your inner theme.”